Restored Classical Apartment
This exceptional apartment is situated in the historic centre of Narbonne (in the "departement" of Aude) in the South of France, midway between Montpellier and Perpignan. Overlooking a branch of the Midi Canal, and a few steps away from Narbonne’s magnificent twelfth century cathedral, several shopping areas and fascinating Roman ruins, the apartment is a five minute drive from the beautiful beaches of the French Mediterranean.
Narbonne is a flourishing city surrounded by countless vineyards and châteaux, most of which offer tours and wine tasting as well as the opportunity to stock up your cellar. It is an official “ville fleurie” (City of Blossoms), featuring wonderful Mediterranean vegetation such as bougainvillea, eucalyptus, pomegranate, fig, olive and almond trees, mimosa, poinsettia and diverse cacti . You can ski in the Pyrenees or go duty-free shopping in Andorra, visit lakes in the beautiful wooded Black Mountains or head to the Costa Brava coast of Spain, all just a short drive away.
The apartment is housed on the first floor of a private mansion built for one of the wealthy wine merchants in the latter half of the 19th century. It occupies most of the first floor with 220 square metres (2,367 square feet) of living space. It has five large bedrooms, an entrance hall with stained glass windows, and large French doors leading to the dining room, which in turn features another set of similar large glass doors leading into the sitting room. There are three newly built bathrooms, a huge (44 square metres (430 square feet)) sitting room with ornate white marble fireplace, a dining room with the original tiled floor (restored), a gourmet kitchen with marble fireplace, air conditioning and a 10 metre-long (107 feet) private balcony.
A major part of the renovation was the complete rewiring and replumbing of the entire apartment. Although all three bathrooms and the kitchen are completely new, their design enhances the original character and charm of the apartment.
- A first floor "appartement bourgeois" of 220 square metres (2,367 square feet)
- Completely renovated and restored
- New electrical wiring throughout
- New plumbing throughout
- Air conditioned
- Five large bedrooms, two with new ensuite bathrooms
- A third new bathroom with concealed washer and dryer
- Very large (40 square metres (430 square feet)) sitting room with marble fireplace, gilded wall moldings and chandeliers
- Entrance hall with chandelier
- Original oak parquet floors and newer solid oak floors
- Large dining room with wall moldings and chandelier
- Gourmet kitchen with marble fireplace and stainless steel appliances by Bosch, Electrolux and Ariston
- Spacious private balcony (10 metres long (30 feet)) with palm trees
- Parking in a private lot with gate
- Basement storage room and two attic rooms for additional storage
If you would like further information on this property click here and then add to your wishlist.